How to be a Good Play Tester
Fabulous Artilce over at BoardGameGeek in their forums on how to be a good playtester. Here is a highlight. Read the full artilce and comments at: Board Game Geek, How to be a Good Game Tester
Subject: 10 Playtest Principles -
Advice on how to be a good playtester
10 principles you can consider as you help others with playtesting;
1) Ask questions about the game.
2) Ask the designer in which areas in particular they are looking for help.
3) Do not criticize, but rather suggest improvements.
4) Have something positive to say about a game, even if you don't like it.
5) Look for the main idea of the game.
6) Look for the game style and respond accordingly.
7) Do not make a different game, but rather make this game better.
8) Record your thoughts and suggestions before, during, and after the session.
9) Be honest, frank, and direct.
10) You need to know as many games as possible to contrast and compare them.
Read the whole article and comments at: Board Game Geek, How to be a Good Game Tester